CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today's Reflections

My deep thoughts for the day, meant to underwhelm and perspire. Wait - Inspire, Overwhelm. Yeah, that's what I meant.

-Why do vegetables stain SO badly? I spent a lot of time working on the stains from her newborn cothes, mostly of the post-digestion variety. Why was I not warned that despite the largest bibs known to man, 8 months later I would have orange and green smears on everything? Pink and green are known to compliment each other, but not in this way I am sure.

- 900 channels and nothing to watch while I work out. Today Lord I am thankful for a DVR.

- I love classical music. I was listening to a particularly familiar piece, thinking about the composer. Thinking of these great genius minds who dedicated their time and talent to the great art that is classical music. These great scores were probably their life's work, their sweat and inspiration to transcend time. And yet, we sit there thinking "Beef, it's what's for dinner!!!" Poor Copeland.
Staying with the classical music theme, this reminded me of a time a few months ago riding in the car listening to the radio. I had the classical station on (not usually my choice for driving music, but it's amazing what a colicky infant will do to your habits) and was struck by the familiarity of the tune that came on. Yet I could not quite place it. I listened intently for several minutes before it dawned on me - Yes! This was a tune on her play mat! Somehow I think that while these artistic geniuses were creating their masterpieces they were NOT thinking "I hope I'm forever remembered by TV commercials and Baby Einstein."

3 comments:

Patty Arnold said...

Stains on baby clothes are the bane of my existence.

Maria said...

Kate,

I found a miracle while my girls were little that I thought I'd share-Oxyclean. It works really really well if you just let it soak for a little bit and/or add it to your load of wash with your detergent. I never made my own baby food, but the other stuff all came out! ;-)

-Maria Buck

Karen said...

So one time in band we played that "Beef" song and at the concert, the director had a Chick-Fil-A cow come in with coupons for everyone. It was so pitiful....