CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To Whom It May Concern

Dear Two-Year-Old,

Thank you for helping me finally decide to throw away those old cassette tapes that have been in a bag in my closet. Regardless of how much I enjoyed them 10 years ago, I have no desire to try to rewind all the tape back into them.


Dear Darling Husband,

Thank you for the "new" bedroom TV. Despite all my protests you found a good deal and surprised me with a beautiful viewing option in the comfort of our bedroom. I will love the fact you put the girls to bed even more come baseball season!


Dear Baby Boy,

You now weigh MORE than either of your sisters did at a year old! That means that by the time they were your size they were walking. Please don't misunderstand, I really like your immobility; it's just that my arms are really tired.


Dear Biggest Sister,

You are so helpful and I really appreciate it. I love to hear you teach your younger siblings all about the world. Sometimes it is hard to be patient with your pupils, but please remember that she likes to try things by herself . Maybe next time you shouldn't try to help her brush her teeth.

3 comments:

Blehnner said...

very sweet :) I have a lot of tapes, and papers, letters, and dolls, etc. etc. etc. I would like to part with too - and I fall asleep on the couch more than I would like to watching TV - I tell my husband we should be able to fall asleep in our TVless bedroom - and my little one is sooo heavy - clearly I identified with this post!

Unknown said...

Dear Mama, You are AWESOME! Thank you for putting one foot in front of the other in faith for many, many weeks now. Love, Joey, Pat, the girls and your entire Carmelite community

Colleen said...

Good for that boy - thriving!

I know it's sort of taboo to have a tv in your bedroom, but we love it. I love it because I can fall asleep without having to wake up to brush my teeth, wash my face, crawl into bed :)